It’s that time of year again. Last Saturday was The Michigan Wolverines’ Winners Sweepstakes Club Annual Spring Meeting. How fun!! This year’s theme was It’s a Jungle/Zoo Out There. I didn’t dress up, but many did.
You can see the full album on my Facebook Fan Page. (If you have a picture you would like to add into the album, please email it to me.)I don’t enter all the drawings available as I can’t use stamped envelopes or post cards, but I always participate in:
- the Pot Pourri drawing (bring in $3 of sweeping supplies for each entry, limit 2) for a chance to win a bin full of sweeping supplies,
- the Scratch Lottery Ticket drawing (bring in a $2 scratch ticket for each entry, limit 5) for a chance to win $100 in scratch tickets,
- the Charity Donation drawing (bring in a donation to the annual charity for each entry, limit 10) for a chance to win gift cards,
- the Prize Donation drawing (bring in a prize to be given away at the end of the day),
- the 50/50 drawing,
- and of course the Super Sweeper Raffle (tickets are $1 each or 7 for $5) for a chance to win a heap of prizes.
Alokozay Tea gave me two amazing gift packs for me to donate. How did I not photograph them?!
I had a lucky year as I won two prizes; a 7″ Android tablet and a Christmas gift basket.
Also, as usual, lunch was amazing. I had two plates and skipped dinner. I think I’ll revolt if they ever stop serving the chicken. It’s the best.
I have only missed two meetings since I met Al Sayward, the meeting’s main coordinator. (I want to be sure to give a shout-out to his entire club as the event wouldn’t be run so smoothly without everyone pitching in.) I missed 2007 as we won a trip to the Coor’s Light Banff Peak Party. I chose not to go to the 2011 meeting as it was too difficult financially and emotionally in the midst of our divorce. For some reason I never blogged about the 2012 meeting. I wonder why as Stephanie and I had a blast! I don’t even have any photos.
Read about past meetings here:
2008: Spring Meetings
Did you know that Wolverine Winners was the first sweepstakes club in America? Their spring meeting started a year before the annual convention. Next year’s theme has yet to be determined, but if you would like to attend in 2014, here are the details:
Date: Saturday, April 12, 2014
Time: 11– 4 PM
Location: Gazebo 31104 Mound Rd, Warren MI
Fee: TBD, but this year it was $50 USD
For additional information, contact:
Allen L Sayward
PO Box 463131
Mt Clemens, MI 48046–3131
Hope to see you there!!
Carolyn Wilman (aka @ContestQueen) is the author of You Can’t Win If You Don’t Enter. She teaches others how to find, organize, enter and win contests, sweepstakes and giveaways. To-date others have won over $1,000,000 using her Online Contesting System. With over twenty years experience as a Marketing Consultant, Carolyn also helps companies create, and viral market, winning promotions.Tags: fun, Luck, prizes, sweepstakes club