Velma Greene was our speaker Sunday morning. Her topic was the Do’s and Don’t of Sweeping. She had hilarious examples for each point, and like many of us, she figured out her sage advice from personal experience.
10. Don’t give companies a hard time.
9. Don’t lie, even a little white one.
8. Don’t bad talk sweeps.
7. Do not enter for things you do not want to win.
6. Do not cheat. Cheaters never win.
5. Don’t forget to support the sponsors.
4. Don’t forget to read the rules.
3. Don’t forget to proof read your entries and check your stamp before mailing.
2. Don’t forget to use your best handwriting.
1. Don’t forget this is just a hobby.
10. Read all emails and texts, plus answer all calls, etc.
9. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
8. Thank the sponsors.
6. Try something new.
5. Support your fellow sweepers.
4. Tell people that you are entering them.
3. Attend meeting, conventions, banquets, etc. (and my #CQTour!)
2. Support your vendors.
1. Enjoy the hobby.
The morning session ended early and I decided I was going to finish blogging. After lunch I headed to the lobby as the WiFi wasn’t very strong in our room. I hung around with Kerri, Jenn, Carol, Nicole, Brent and Wendy as I had my computer open, chit chatting, for hours, getting no work done. At one point I stated I felt like munchies, and Wendy walked into the bar, filled three baskets with popcorn and brought them into the lobby. (I will admit we cheered.) I went up to the Club Lounge and got us drinks.
When it became apparent I wasn’t going to get any work done, it was far too late to go for a swim and we were all hungry, we decided to go out for dinner. The Green Pig it was!
It was the perfect ending to a fun filled weekend. Hope to see you there next year!!
If you want to be part of the fun, next year’s convention will be held from August 27th-31st, 2014 at the Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando FL. Details can be found on the #25Orlando convention website (to be live soon).
Carolyn Wilman (aka @ContestQueen) is the author of You Can’t Win If You Don’t Enter. She teaches others how to find, organize, enter and win contests, sweepstakes and giveaways. To-date others have won over $1,000,000 using her Online Contesting System. With over twenty years experience as a Marketing Consultant, Carolyn also helps companies create, and viral market, winning promotions maximizing ROI and loyal customers.
Tags: #24ANSC, Annual National Sweepstakes Convention, ANSC, Salt Lake City UT, sweepstakes convention