UPDATE: The winner was Lilac from Lethbridge, AB. CONGRATULATIONS!
Disclaimer: The Repeater Store provided me with a free sample of one of their products to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a giveaway in return for the free product.
I love testing new products that make my life better and/or easier. One of life’s minor annoyances is to find one’s self driving along, chatting on the Bluetooth, and realizing mid-sentence that your call had dropped because you came to that dip in the road. It’s as if you sink below the satellite signal. I think it’s akin to a fighter jet flying below the radar. What’s up with that?! The cellphone companies all boast they have the most coverage, the strongest network, etc. “Can you hear me now?” So, how can I be driving along in a very populated area and lose my call?!
Well, Cell Ranger came up with a solution to this problem. You plug their cell-booster into your cigarette lighter (Are those things really used to light cigarettes any more?), put the antenna on the trunk or roof of your car and no more dropped calls. The booster amplified my signal enough, so when I did hit the dip in the road, I was still happily chatting away. YEAH!
While testing this product and reading up on the other benefits of using a cell booster I discovered uses I hadn’t even though of. You can use it in your office. Are you surrounded by concrete? I remember working in one office where I had to stand by the window in a particular spot, plus have my entire body cocked at a certain angle to catch the signal. You practically had to be a contortionist to make a call! If I moved an inch, the call was lost. You can also use it on your boat. I don’t have a boat, but I think it’s a great idea as your cellphone makes a good back-up in an emergency. (I assume the VHF radio would be used first.)
You can view a good demonstration video of the Cell Ranger STIX on the Cell Ranger website.
To Win a Cell Ranger STIX, Leave a Comment
The contest is open to all residents of Canada and the U.S., and runs until 11:59pm on Sunday January 2nd. There are several ways to gain entries. (Listen to my interview with Valerie (@valerie2350) of Sweeps 4 Bloggers to better understand how to enter blog contests if you are new to this method of entering.)
For your first entry (required):
1. visit The Repeater Store’s website and leave a comment (on this post) on which product they carry you think would benefit your life and lifestyle. (NOTE: If you are not a blogger or if your email address is not publicly available when you comment, please post it in your entry so that I may contact you if you win. eg. carolyn at contestqueen dot com)
For extra entries, do the following, then come back to this blog and post an additional comment for each action you took:
(NOTE: If you already do any of the following, leave a comment saying you do so.)
3. subscribe to The Repeater Store blog by RSS feed or email,
4. subscribe to From The Contest Queen either by RSS feed, email or Networked Blogs,
5. subscribe to The Winning EDGE,
6. follow me on Twitter as the Contest Queen,
7. publicly follow me (on the Contest Queen) on Google Friend Connect,
8. subscribe to the Lucky Yogini either by RSS feed, email or Networked Blogs
9. follow me on Twitter as the Lucky Yogini,
10. publicly follow me (on the Lucky Yogini) on Google Friend Connect,
11. connect with me on LinkedIn,
12. be friends with me on Facebook,
13. tweet about this contest. (You can do step 13 every day and leave a comment for every extra tweet to garner extra entries.)
#WIN a Cell Ranger STIX from The Repeater Store http://bit.ly/hKFFGY CAN & US, ends JAN 2 #giveaway #contest
If you do one of each action, you will have 13 entries into the drawing. Potential winners will have 24 hours to respond to an email notification. If no response is received, another potential winner will be drawn.
ENJOY, GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN!