Originally posted June 9th, 2008.
The following is from an email I received from Joe Vitale (aka Mr. Fire). I liked it so much I wanted to share it with you. They are the six basic principles he outlines in his book Zero Limits.
1. You don’t have a clue what is going on. It is impossible to be aware of everything happening in and around you, consciously or unconsciously. Your body and mind are regulating themselves right now, without you even being aware of it. Invisible signals are in the air, from radio to thought waves, which you have no conscious sense of at all. You are indeed co-creating your own reality right now, and it is happening unconsciously, without your conscious knowledge or control. This is why you can think positive thoughts all you like and still be broke. Your conscious mind isn’t the creator.
2. You don’t have control over everything. Obviously, if you don’t know everything that is happening, you can’t control it all. It’s an ego trip to think you can make the world do your bidding. Since your ego can’t see much of what is going on in the world right now, letting your ego decide what is best for you isn’t wise. You have a choice and you don’t have control. You can use your conscious mind to choose what you would prefer to experience, but you have to let go of whether you manifest it or not, or how, or when. Surrender is key.
3. You can heal whatever comes your way. Whatever happens in your life, no matter how it got there, is up for healing simply because it’s now on your radar. If you can feel it, you can heal it. If you can see it in someone else, and it bothers you, then it’s up for healing. You may have no idea why it’s in your life or how it got there, but you can let it go because you’re now aware of it. The more you heal what comes up, the clearer you are to manifest what you prefer, because you will be freeing stuck energy to use for other matters.
4. You are 100% responsible for all your experience. What happens in your life is not your fault, but it is your responsibility. The concept of personal responsibility goes beyond what you say, do, and think. It includes what *others* say, do, and think that shows up in your life. If you take complete responsibility for all that appears in your life, when someone surfaces with a problem, then it is your problem too. You can’t blame anyone or anything for your current reality. All you can do is take responsibility for it, which means accept it, own it, and love it.
5. Your ticket to Zero Limits thinking is saying the phrase “I love you.” The pass that gets you peace beyond all understanding from healing to manifestation, is the simple phrase, “I love you.” Saying it to the Divine cleans everything in you so you can experience the miracle of this moment; zero limits. The idea is to love everything. Love the extra fat, the addiction, the problem child or neighbor or spouse; love it all. Love transmutes the stuck energy and frees it. Saying, “I love you” is the same as saying, “open sesame” to the Divine.
6. Inspiration is more important than intention. Intention is a toy of the mind; inspiration is a directive from the Divine. At some point, you’ll surrender and start listening, rather than begging and waiting. Intention is trying to control life-based on the limited view of the ego; inspiration is receiving a message from the Divine and then acting on it. Intention works and brings results; inspiration works and brings miracles.
Start on your path to ZERO today.